What We Believe
The truths of Scripture are our foundation and shape our identity as individuals and as a church. We believe…
- Jesus Christ is the one and only sacrifice for our sins and he arose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; John 3:16).
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God – a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (2 Timothy 3:16; Psalm 119:10).
- Every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord (John 3:16).
- Those willing to obey Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized into him for forgiveness of sins (Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38).
- The church is the Body of Christ on earth, is empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to save the lost and build one another up (Ephesians 4:1-16).
- Jesus Christ will one day return to take God’s children to be with him forever (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).