Mission & Values
The Shawnee Trail Church of Christ exists to Love God, Love Others, and Make Disciples.
Our goal is to live out Christ’s everyday commandments (Matthew 22:37-40) and everyday commission (Matthew 22:18-20).
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
To accomplish this, we strive to be…
- Disciples Making Disciples – Jesus is our model for life and ministry: we walk as he walked and bring others with us. (Matthew 4:19)
- Doers of the Word – God’s Word is the ultimate guide and authority for our lives and we not only seek to know it, but to put it into action. (James 1:22-25)
- Members Who Minister – Each person uses his or her God-given gifts and abilities to serve others and glorify God. (1 Peter 4:10-11)
- Everyday Worshipers – Continually engaging in private and communal prayer, Bible study, worship and other transforming disciplines, we prioritize a committed, God-connected life. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Good Neighbors – A light to our community, we show and share God’s love. (Matthew 5:14-16)
- Growing Larger by Becoming Smaller – As God blesses Shawnee Trail with more members, we provide opportunities for meaningful relationships, support, and accountability through smaller fellowship structures. (Acts 2:42-47)
- United, but not Uniform – Shawnee Trail is a place where diversity is welcomed and harmony prevails because the Truth of God is honored. (Ephesians 4:1-6)
- Home Builders – As the family goes, so goes the church. We seek to build up the family as God intended – strengthening marriages, supporting parents, guiding children, nurturing singles, and connecting all people to the body of Christ. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)